Waterproof & Protective
Moisture Vapor Mitigation &
2019 Continuing Education
2020 Continuing Education Topics
The following Aquafin courses are eligible for AIA Continuing Education credits.
What Lurks Under your Floors?
There are many reasons flooring systems fail and moisture is one of the
biggest culprits. This presentation will teach design professionals how
excess moisture in concrete slabs can lead to flooring system failures. It
also covers methods for testing concrete slabs prior to the installation of
flooring systems, and presents potential solutions to prevent flooring system
failures due to moisture.
• Understand how flooring systems can be negatively affected by
excess moisture in concrete slabs.
• Understand ASTM test methods available for testing concrete slabs.
• Identify where excess moisture in concrete slabs originates.
• Identify possible solutions for mitigating excess moisture in concrete
slabs to ensure successful installation of flooring solutions.
Basics of Concrete Restoration & Repair
This program reviews the constituents of concrete and walks you through
the concrete restoration process: evaluating current conditions and
damage to the concrete, proper surface preparation, and choosing the
proper materials and methods to repair and restore cast-in-place concrete.
• Identify the root causes of concrete deterioration and the effect of
carbonation and chlorides on reinforcing steel.
• Learn how to create a restoration process: pre-testing requirements,
material selection and application methods.
• Learn how to select proper and effective concrete surface preparation
methods based on industry guidelines.
• Gain an understanding of the various methods of application
available to repair and restore cast-in-place concrete.
Stopping Water with Chemical Grouts
Water always tends to ﬂow from higher to lower elevations. The amount of
water in any given area is a function of the available supply. Groundwater
can move under pressure around rocks and through soils creating what
seems to be an endless supply to underground structures and tunnels. This
presentation will show how chemical grouts have been used successfully
to provide soil stabilization and water control during excavation, tunneling
and a large variety of construction challenges.
• Understand the what, why and where of chemical injection grouting.
• Understand how to assess the repair site and select a method of
• Identify and assess the qualities of the various types of available
• Understand how to select the proper type of polyurethane or acrylate
chemical grout that will match the specific needs of a project.
Rapid Concrete Repair Technology
“Return to Service” and the “Need for Speed” are a
main focus in today’s fast-paced construction industry. This
presentation will address the requirements of Rapid Concrete
Repair Technology for the construction industry.
• Explore the need for advanced , high-performance,
rapid-repair technology in today’s structures and facilities
(e.g. buildings, roads and bridges).
• Review and understand the some of the most challenging
infrastructure repair problems in the country.
• Review and understand the need for rapid return to
service of concrete repair in the U.S. Military, State’s
DOT, Port Authorities, commercial maintenance
companies, airports, and industrial facilities.
• Understand how to create a restoration process to
include pre-testing requirements, material selection,
application methods and the effect of the environment on
the repair process.
High Performance Traffic Coating Systems
When a parking garage is shut down, it costs the owner
valuable income. Sealing a concrete parking deck is
essential to the longevity and durability of the structure. This
presentation will teach design professionals how excess
moisture in concrete decks can cause premature failures and
the need for costly repairs. Presented are methods for testing
concrete slabs prior to the installation of a membrane system,
how to choose the right technology for protecting the parking
deck and what to expect from a proper installation.
• Understand how to evaluate the negative effects of
excess moisture in concrete on traffic deck systems.
• Understand the need for concrete repair and pre-testing
of concrete decks prior to the installation of traffic
• Understand how to save the owner money with chemical
cure systems for fast return to service.
• Understand how to repair and restore concrete decks,
mitigate excess moisture, and choose the most cost
effective traffic coating system.
Contact your local Aquafin sales representative
or send an email to email@example.com
AQUAFIN provides high performance waterproofing and protective coatings, crystalline admixtures, concrete restoration
systems, moisture vapor mitigation resins, self-leveling underlayments, chemical injection grouts and a high performance
traffic deck system to protect and preserve all types of concrete, masonry and brick structures.
AQUAFIN is committed to bringing customers:
• Innovative products of outstanding quality
• Continuous product improvement through research and development
• Top-quality technical assistance, customer service and educational programs
• Product safety and environmental compatibility
Triumph Industrial Park
505 Blue Ball Rd., #160
Elkton, MD 21921
Toll Free: 1-866-AQUAFIN
Aquafin, Inc. is a member
of the SCHOMBURG Group