505 Blue Ball Rd. #160
Elkton, MD 21921
AQUAFIN® CRACK SEALING TAPE
For sealing cracks in concrete prior to application of waterproof coatings
CSI Div. 09
07 16 13 Polymer Modified Cement Waterproofing
Physical and Technical Data
IEQ Credit 4.2, Low-Emitting Materials Paints and Coatings...1 Point
Using this AQUAFIN product can help contribute to LEED certification of
projects in the category shown above.
Polyester fabric with a PVC elastomer coating
Gray or White
Approx. 1/32” (0.8 mm)
2,175 psi (15.0 MPa)
(ASTM D-2240 - modified)
-4˚F (-22˚C) to 140˚F (60˚C)
Resistant against boiling in sodium
hydroxide with a pH of 12.
Resistant against boiling in 2%
potassium hydroxide (minimum 10
Waterproof - resistant to hydrostatic
(Linear Feet of Tape per unit
of AQUAFIN-2K/M used
~85 ft Tape per 46 lb. (21 kg) kit
~145 ft Tape per 77 lb. (35 kg)
1 roll covers 4-3/4” (120 mm) x
164 ft. (50 m)
AQUAFIN CRACK SEALING TAPE is an elastomeric, highly tear resistant,
waterproof tape, comprised of a polyester fabric with a PVC elastomer
• For sealing cracks in concrete prior to the application of AQUAFIN2K/M system in waterproofing applications.
• Quick and easy installation
• Permanently flexible
• UV stable/resistant
• Highly resistant against oil, grease and solvents
• Excellent decomposition resistance (microbes)
The substrate must be sound, clean, and free from voids or ridges, bug holes,
honey combs, and open pored (like medium grit sand paper).
• Remove bond breakers, such as oil, grease, dirt, loose particles, remains
of form oils, water repellents, rust or other coatings by high pressure waterblasting (>5000 psi (34.5 MPa)) or wet or dry sandblasting.
• Prepare surfaces by mechanical means to obtain a surface profile of
CSP 3 - CSP 5 per ICRI Guideline No. 310.2-R-2013.
• Repair holes, defects, irregular surfaces, weak mortar joints, etc. with
MORTAR-V/O or MORTAR-LN.
• Close large open pores and joint recesses of CMU blocks and joint
unevenness in brick walls with MORTAR-V/O or MORTAR LN.
• Dampen substrate with clean water to saturated surface dry (SSD)
condition, with no standing surface water.
• Static cracks should be routed out in a “u” shaped configuration, approximately 3/4” (20 mm) wide x 1” (25 mm) deep and filled with a suitable
concrete repair product, such as AQUAFIN QUICK PATCH, MORTAR
V/O , MORTAR-40 CI or MORTAR-LN.
• Dynamic (moving cracks) should be filled with a suitable urethane sealant
or chemical grout. Pre-soak the area of concrete to be taped with clean
water to a saturated surface dry (SSD) condition, with no standing surface
Check our website for the latest version of the Technical Datasheet.
All above values theoretical. Variations may apply due to substrate conditions.
Thickness per application or lift, up to 50 mils (1.25 mm).
• AQUAFIN CRACK SEALING TAPE is bonded to concrete with AQUAFIN-2K/M flexible cementitious coating.
• Refer to the AQUAFIN-2K/M Technical Data Sheet for mixing instructions.
• Apply a coat of AQUAFIN-2K/M, extending a minimum of 3/4”
(20mm) beyond either side of tape.
• Immediately embed AQUAFIN CRACK SEALING TAPE into the 2K/M
uniformly, leaving no wrinkles, using a trowel or similar.
• To connect tapes, after installing the first tape, slightly overlap a second
tape a minimum of ½” (12mm) using AQUAFIN-2K/M.
• Allow 3 to 4 hours to cure before applying the first coat of AQUAFIN
Before applying the final coat of AQUAFIN 2K/M, inspect the areas sealed
with the AQUAFIN CRACK SEALING TAPE. For aesthetic reasons, a light
Page 1 of 2
AQUAFIN® CRACK SEALING TAPE
sanding or grinding of the 2K/M used to adhere the AQUAFIN CRACK
SEALING TAPE may be necessary to “smooth” out the area.
Health & Safety:
Refer to SDS.
Cracks will often telegraph through any overlay material. While crack repair
is recommended before application of AQUAFIN 2K/M, AQUAFIN does
not warrant that cracks will not reappear, even when following established
LIMITED WARRANTY: AQUAFIN, INC. warrants its products to be manufactured free of defects for one year and to be consistent with its standard
high quality. We will replace or, at our election, refund the purchase price
of, any product which is proven to be defective, provided that the product
was properly applied. Our product recommendations are based on Industry
Standards and testing procedures. We assume no warranties either written,
expressed or implied as to any specific methods of application or use of the
product. AQUAFIN, INC. MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
AQUAFIN, INC. shall not be liable for damages of any sort including
remote or consequential damages, down time, or delay.
4-3/4” (120 mm) x 164 ft. (50 m) rolls
Two years, when stored in a dry, enclosed area, in original packaging.
Proper application is the responsibility of the user. Field visits by AQUAFIN
personnel are for the purpose of making technical recommendations and not
for supervising or providing quality control on-site.
For Professional Use Only.
Check our website for the latest version of the Technical Datasheet. Only the current version is legally binding - and only for the intended market. In cases of uncertainty contact
our technical department for further information before starting any applications.
Page 2 of 2