505 Blue Ball Rd. #160
Elkton, MD 21921
Cold Fluid-Applied Rubber Membrane System
CSI Div. 07
07 14 16 Cold Fluid Applied Waterproofing
MR Credit 5.1, Regional Materials.........................Up to 2 Points
IEQ Credit 4.2, Low-Emitting Materials Paints and Coatings...1 Point
Using this AQUAFIN product can help contribute to LEED certification of
projects in the categories shown above.
ELASTOSEAL-Trowel is a ready to use fast setting, cold applied,
modified asphalt emulsion system using exact formulated polymers
providing unique elastomeric performance. It can be installed
where solvents and heat are not allowed. Its formulation is
designed for creating cants in wall/floor joints and detailing cracks
prior to applying a seamless membrane using ELASTOSEAL-Roller/
• Below grade, concrete or CMU exterior foundations
• Primary and secondary containment tanks
• Water fountains, ponds and water features
• Waste water treatment tanks and reservoirs
• “Sandwich slab” construction
• Zero VOC’s
• No “hot pots” or trailers
• Cost Efficient – reduced application times
• One component, ready to use
• Monolithic without seams
• Resistant to many chemicals (contact Aquafin for complete listing)
• Substrates must be free of all dirt, dust, grease, oil, sealers,
curing compounds, form release agents, laitance and loose
• Only proceed with application when the temperatures remain
between 40°F and 90°F (4°C and 32°C) and protect from
freezing for 24 hours after application.
• All surfaces to be coated should be dry (damp is acceptable with
no standing water). Hot surfaces should be cooled and shaded
while cold surfaces should be heated and sheltered.
• For proper adhesion, concrete substrates must have a minimum
CSP – 3 (concrete surface profile) per ICRI guidelines.
• All loose particles and/or flaking coatings must be removed by
sandblasting, water-blasting or other mechanical means.
• All detail work and tape application must be completed before
application of membrane can be started.
For best results, mechanically mix at slow speed with a 3/4” drill
and mixing paddle. Mix at slow speeds (not exceeding 500 rpm)
to prevent entraining air for a minimum 15 minutes for a 5 gallon
pail, and 5 minutes for a 1 gallon can.
Read all instructions thoroughly prior to installation.
nsure substrate and ambient temperatures are between 40°F
and 95°F (4°C and 35°C) before application. Do not apply if
freezing temperatures are exected within 24 hours.
ELASTOSEAL-Trowel is applied using a trowel. Use ELASTOSEALTrowel for creating cants in wall/floor joints and for detailing
properly prepared cracks. It can also be used in conjuction with
Aquafin CRACK REPAIR TAPE.
ELASTOSEAL-Trowel will begin curing immediately upon
application. Full cure occurs within 72 hours at 70°F (21°C) with
a relative humidity of 50%. Humidity can significantly impact cure
• Do not bridge moving cracks or joints.
• Do not add admixtures or extend with aggregate.
• Bonding agents are recommended for large areas as well as
permanently damp areas.
• Protect from freezing for 24 hours after application. If product
freezes before full cure it may become necessary to recoat if
cracking occurs within the membrane.
Promptly wash hands with baby oil. Clean tools and equipment
with Mineral Spirits before material dries. Cured material must be
12 months in unopened, original packaging.
Refer to SDS. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
LIMITED WARRANTY: AQUAFIN, INC. warrants its products to be manufactured
free of defects for one year and to be consistent with its standard high quality. We
will replace or, at our election, refund the purchase price of, any product which is
proven to be defective, provided that the product was properly applied. Our product
recommendations are based on Industry Standards and testing procedures. We
assume no warranties either written, expressed or implied as to any specific methods of
application or use of the product. AQUAFIN, INC. MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO
MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND THIS WARRANTY
IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. AQUAFIN, INC. shall
not be liable for damages of any sort including remote or consequential damages, down
time, or delay.
Check our website for the latest version of the Technical Datasheet. Only the current version is legally binding - and only for the intended market. In cases of
uncertainty contact our technical department for further information before starting any applications.
Page 1 of 1