505 Blue Ball Rd. #160
Elkton, MD 21921
Waterproofing injection hose system for concrete joints and expansion joints
CSI Div. 03
03 64 00 Injection Grouting
InjectPro-Hose YELLOW is an injectable waterstop system that creates a
channel for the easy installation of InjectPro acrylate and polyurethane
chemical grouts. The InjectPro-Hose YELLOW is constructed of a high
strength coil, covered with a nonwoven permeable membrane to allow
grout flow. The ½” (12.5 mm) permeable tube is installed prior to pouring/
placing concrete. Once the shrinkage associated with the concrete curing
process is completed, the hoses can be injected with the appropriate
InjectPro chemical grout. This allows cracks to open fully before
permanently sealing the interfaces and voids within construction joints, pipe
penetrations, slurry walls, and slab connections with InjectPro acrylate and
polyurethane chemical grouts.
The InjectPro-Hose YELLOW can also be used on existing structures to seal
leaking/failed expansion joints.
• Sealing cold and construction joints, pipe penetrations, joints between
slurry walls and slabs.
• Sealing leaking expansion joints
• Channels grout directly into the joint
• Fast, simple installation not requiring special tools
• Low pressure injection
• Provides a permanent seal after injection
• Suitable for many different structures and construction methods
• Injectable anytime after concrete cure
• No drilling required for injection of grouts
• Re-injectable system
Hose Installation Procedures:
• Cut InjectPro-Hose YELLOW to required lengths, maximum 25’ (8 m) per
section or less. Attach blue trumpets to each end of the hose over the
yellow and screw down to the stop mark inside the trumpet. The blue
trumpets provide a connection between the yellow hose and the clear
• Begin by placing the InjectPro-Hose YELLOW along the center of the
joint and securing it to the concrete. Exact location will depend on
design and function of structure. The InjectPro-Hose YELLOW is attached
using the included fastening clamps spaced roughly every 12” (30
cm), however, spacing may need to be adjusted based on site specific
conditions. Ensure the hose is flat against the concrete so that it cannot
float or come lose when the fresh concrete is placed. In areas of rough
or uneven surfaces, fill any gap between InjectPro-Hose YELLOW and
the surface with Aquafin Waterstop-GunGrade. (Fig. 1 - 3)
• Place trumpets on adjacent runs side-by-side with the wide ends of the
trumpets (where the yellow hose is attached) in line with each other and
Physical Properties InjectPro-Hose YELLOW
approx 0.4” (11 mm)
approx 0.25” (6 mm)
Maximum hose length
25’ (8 m) section
the two trumpets spaced roughly 2” - 3” (5 - 8 cm) to prevent blockage.
Overlap sections by min. 6” (15 cm) to ensure sufficient grout travel.
• Always terminate the yellow hose into a trumpet and allow for a
minimum of 2.5” (6.3 cm) of concrete cover. Do not run the yellow hose
outside the formwork. (Fig. 4)
• Finish by attaching the clear packer tubing over the serrated end of the
trumpets. Then cut the appropriate length of packer tubing as required to
reach a formholder packer or to extend outside the formwork. The clear
packer tubing should be secured with tie wire to the rebar to prevent
movement during the pour. Ensure starting and ending points are easily
accessible after concrete placement for proper injection.
• The formholder packers can either be nailed to wooden formworks or
attached to the rebar with steel tie wire (for metal forms). If formholder
packers are used, attach the clear packer tubing directly to them. If the
clear packer tubing is being run outside the formwork, protect the open
ends with a plastic cap or tape and take measures to protect them from
damage during formwork installation and stripping.
• Ensure the InjectPro-Hose YELLOWis not placed too closely to the
outside of the concrete wall. Placement should be minimum 1/3 to 1/2
of the total wall thickness with minimum 2.5” (6.3 cm) concrete cover on
all sides of InjectPro-Hose.
• Entire section of the InjectPro-Hose YELLOW must remain open and free
from blockages throughout installation.
• Notification of any damage or perforation to the InjectPro-Hose
YELLOW or components, prior to final concrete pour, is the responsibility
of the applicator. Notify the Owner, Engineer, and Aquafin immediately.
• Indicate the location of the InjectPro-Hose YELLOW system in the
• Contact Aquafin Technical Services at 410-392-2300 for more detailed
• Patch any visible flaws along the construction joint with AQUAFIN-PlugIC quick setting cement prior to starting injection work.
• The InjectPro-Hose YELLOW and the InjectPro acrylate and polyurethane
chemical grouts are designed as a system. Not all chemical grouts are
suitable for injection in this system. Aquafin only recommends the use of
the following injection materials:
- InjectProECO-LV, InjectPro-PM3811-Flex
1. Flush the InjectPro-Hose YELLOW through the formholder packers using
water or air, ensuring the hose chamber is open and free from blockage.
2. Begin injecting InjectPro chemical grout with low pressure output
between 0.5 and 5 bar. Inject the hose through the formholder packers
until the injection resin comes out of the open end of the InjectPro-Hose
Check our website for the latest version of the Technical Datasheet. Only the current version is legally binding - and only for the intended market. In
cases of uncertainty contact our technical department for further information before starting any applications. www.aquafin.net
Page 1 of 2
3. Plug the open end with an injection nipple as soon as the resin no
longer has any air bubble.
4. The flow and distribution of the injection resin is monitored by the
manometer on the pump. Reinjection must be carried out within the gel
time of the resin. Once the pump reaches constant pressure the injection
process is finished. The joint is full and cannot take additional material.
NOTE: For use with other materials contact Aquafin Technical Services.
Kit Contents / Storage / Shelf Life:
InjectPro-Hose YELLOW is sold in a kit with the following components:
• 110 ft (33.5 m) roll of InjectPro-Hose YELLOW tube on a roll
• 10 ft (3 m) clear pressure hose on roll
• 8 blue trumpets
• 100 installation clamps
Unlimited shelf life when stored in a dry place.
• InjectPro-Hose YELLOW System must be installed by a qualified Aquafin
InjectPro Installer in accordance with the InjectPro-Hose YELLOW
Manual for warranty to be effective. Installation by a non-qualified
installer will not be covered by any Aquafin warranty.
Proper application is the responsibility of the user. Field visits by AQUAFIN
personnel are for the purpose of making technical recommendations and
not for supervising or providing quality control on-site.
Refer to SDS for each individual chemical grout. For commercial use only.
Wear proper PPE as required. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
LIMITED WARRANTY: All projects requiring an AQUAFIN product warranty must be
registered and approved by AQUAFIN, INC. prior to installation. Refer to AQUAFIN
Warranty Availability schedule for a full description of project requirements as well
as types and durations of warranties, as not all warranties are available for all
projects. AQUAFIN, INC. warrants this product to be manufactured free of defects
and to be consistent with its technical properties as stated in our current Technical
Data Sheet. Our product recommendations are based on industry standards and
testing procedures. It is the buyer’s obligation to test the suitability of the product for
an intended use prior to using it. We assume no warranties written, expressed or
implied as to any specific methods of application or use of the product. AQUAFIN
INC. MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR
A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER
WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. AQUAFIN, INC. shall not be liable for
damages of any sort including remote or consequential damages, down time, or
delay. Any claim for a defective product must be filed within 30 days of discovery of a
problem, and must be submitted with written proof of purchase.
For Professional Use Only.
Check our website for the latest version of the Technical Datasheet. Only the current version is legally binding - and only for the intended market. In cases of uncertainty contact
our technical department for further information before starting any applications.
Page 2 of 2