505 Blue Ball Rd. #160
Elkton, MD 21921
Fast-setting anchoring cement for concrete
CSI Div. 03
03 62 13 Maintenance of Concrete
MR Credit 5.1, Regional Materials..........................Up to 2 Points
IEQ Credit 4.2, Low-Emitting Materials Paints and Coatings...1 Point
Mix ratio (water:powder)
4.9–5.15 qts. (4.6–4.9 L):50 lbs. powder
Using this AQUAFIN product can help contribute to LEED certification of projects in the
categories shown above.
Application temp. range
40°F to 90°F (4°C to 32°C)
10 - 12 minutes
MORTAR-AnchorGrout is a cement-based, anchoring grout designed for
use where high initial strengths are desired. Its formulation is designed for
fast anchoring of railings, bolts and posts in concrete substrates.
Physical Properties: The values stated are applicable with ambient
temperatures of 73°F (23°C) and 50% relative air humidity. Higher
temperatures shorten the setting times and colder temperatures retard
• Anchor bolts
• Seating bolts
• High Strength
• Requires only the addition of water
• Pourable consistency
• Fast setting
• Not effected by wet environments
• Does not contain gypsum
• Concrete must be sound fully cured, hardened and of load bearing
• Drill holes a minimum of 3 times the diameter of the bolt or post. Holes
must be large enough to allow material to flow between the anchor bolt
and the wall of the hole.
• Hole depth should be 2 - 4 times the diameter of the embedded
anchor/post (minimum hole depth 2”).
• For added strength, undercut the base of the hole by tilting the drill and
working back and forth.
• Holes must be free from potential bond breakers such as dirt and
dust. Blow out holes with oil free compressed air immediately before
• Wet the hole to an SSD condition but do not allow water to pond in the
bottom of hole. Vacuum any excess water from the hole.
• For best results, pre-condition MORTAR-AnchorGrout to 70°F ±5°
(21°C ±3°) before mixing.
• Use clean potable water to mix MORTAR-AnchorGrout.
• Mixing ratio: 4.9–5.15 qts. (4.6 – 4.9 L):50 lbs. (approx. 3.14 - 3.3 fl.
• For best results, mechanically mix at slow speed with a ¾” drill and
“eggbeater” style mixing paddle for 3 minutes.
Check our website for the latest version of the Technical Data Sheet.
1,700 psi (10.3 MPa)
5,000 psi (34.5 MPa)
7,000 psi (48.3 MPa)
7,500 psi (51.7 MPa)
Approximate yield per 50 lb. pail: ~0.42 ft3
Cool and dry, 12 months in original
50 lb pail (22.7 kg)
• Add appropriate amount of potable water into a clean bucket.
Gradually add powder while mixing to achieve a lump-free consistency.
• Only mix enough material that can be placed in 10 minutes.
• Place material immediately after mixing.
DO NOT OVER WATER. Too much water will cause material to
segregate resulting in low strength gain.
Read all instructions thoroughly prior to installation.
1. Only proceed with application when the temperatures are between
40°F - 90°F (7°C - 32°C).
2. Place anchor bolts into the hole.
3. Pour a small amount of MORTAR-AnchorGrout into hole and work up
and down to eliminate air pockets.
4. Fill the rest of the hole level with the surrounding concrete.
5. Protect from freezing for 24 hours after application.
6. Follow ACI hot weather application guidelines to ensure a successful
Clean all tools and equipment with water prior to the material hardening.
Cured material must be removed mechanically.
Cure exposed grout by wet curing for 12 hours or apply a curing
compound per ASTM C309.
Page 1 of 2
• Do not use below 40°F (4°C) or over 90°F (32°C)
• Do not extend with additional aggregate.
• Do not add accelerators, retarders, or any additional admixture.
• Store material at temperatures between 55°F – 90°F (10°C - 32°C)
Installer is responsible for proper product application. Site visits by Aquafin
personnel or representatives are solely for the purpose of making technical
recommendations, not for providing supervision or quality control.
Refer to SDS.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
LIMITED WARRANTY: AQUAFIN, INC. warrants this product for a period
of one year from the date of installation to be manufactured free of defects
and to be consistent with its technical properties as stated in our current
Technical Data Sheet. This product must be used as directed and within its
stated shelf life. AQUAFIN INC. will replace or at our discretion refund the
purchase price of any product, excluding cost of labor, which is proven to be
defective. Our product recommendations are based on industry standards
and testing procedures. It is the buyer’s obligation to test the suitability of
the product for an intended use prior to using it. We assume no warranties
written, expressed or implied as to any specific methods of application or
use of the product. AQUAFIN INC. MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO
MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS
OR IMPLIED. AQUAFIN, INC. shall not be liable for damages of any sort
including remote or consequential damages, down time, or delay. Any
claim for a defective product must be filed within 30 days of discovery of a
problem, and must be submitted with written proof of purchase.
For Professional Use Only.
Check our website for the latest version of the Technical Data Sheet. Only the current version is legally binding and only for the intended market. In cases of uncertainty contact
our technical department for further information before starting any applications.
Page 2 of 2