505 Blue Ball Rd. #160
Elkton, MD 21921
MORTAR-Crete-CI FULL DEPTH
Fully extended, pourable/pumpable, concrete mix with integral corrosion inhibitor
CSI Div. 03
03 01 00 Maintenance of Concrete
Initial Slump ASTM C-143
5” - 7”
ASTM C 231
3.5% Air shown is for lab samples
mixed by hand. When materials are
machine mixed, expect air content of
6% ± 1½ %.
ASTM C 39**
1 day: ~2,300 psi (13.8 MPa)
7 days: ~3,750 psi (27 MPa)
28 days: ~5,000 psi (38 MPa)
• Interior or exterior restoration work to new and existing structures
• Water and waste water treatment plants
• Bridges, highways, ramps and decks
• Tunnels, dams, industrial floors, etc.
• Footings, foundations, walls and floors
• Walkways, patios, steps, platforms and driveways
ASTM C 157
< –0.06% @ 28 days air cure
+0.009% @ 28 days wet cure
ASTM C 78
~750 psi @ 28 days
ASTM C 882
~2,500 psi @ 28 days
• Factory blended, quality controlled mix design
• Excellent workability with long application time
• Very easy to use on “form and pour” applications
• Ready to use, just add water
• Pre-extended with coarse aggregate: Eliminates risk of reactive
All data are average values obtained under laboratory conditions of 72°F and
50% RH. In practical use temperature, humidity and absorbance of the substrate
may influence the above given values. ** Material mixed with potable water
consistent to achieve a 5” slump @ 45°F and kept moist while curing will attain a
compressive strength of 5,500 psi in 28 days. The temperature of material when
placed should not exceed 85°F. Material should not be re-tempered at any time.
MR Credit 5.1, Regional Materials..........................Up to 2 Points
IEQ Credit 4.2, Low-Emitting Materials Paints and Coatings...1 Point
Using this AQUAFIN product can help contribute to LEED certification of projects in the
categories shown above.
MORTAR-Crete-CI is a one-component, high early strength, cementitious,
structural repair concrete mix that is pourable and pumpable for full depth
applications. A unique formulating design allows for application to be
completed in depths from 1” (25.4 mm) to full depth (with proper steel
• Concrete surfaces must be structurally sound, and free from laitance,
dirt, dust, grease, oil, sealers, curing compounds, loose or deteriorated
concrete and any other bond inhibiting foreign substances.
• Prepare surface by mechanical means to obtain a surface profile of
CSP 5 – CSP 7 per ICRI Guideline No.310.2R-2013, Selecting and
Specifying concrete surface preparation for Sealers, Coatings and
Polymer Overlays and Concrete Repair.
• Concrete surfaces must be left in a saturated surface dry (SSD) condition
with no standing water immediately prior to the application of MORTARCrete-CI.
• Repair areas should have saw-cut straight edges with a minimum of
3/8” (10 mm) depth.
• All exposed steel reinforcement must be cleaned to a white metal finish
and primed with 2 coats (20 mils per coat) of Aquafin REBAR PRIMER/
BOND-CI (consult technical datasheet).
• Concrete should be primed with a spray or brush coat of Aquafin REBAR
Check our website for the latest version of the Technical Datasheet.
Meets or exceeds the requirements of ASTM C-387
Packaging & Coverage Rate:
Available in 80 lb and 50 lb*poly lined paper bags.
50 lb bag yields ~0.40 ft3 *special order only, contact Aquafin
80 lb bag yields ~0.66 ft3
• 10 lbs of material yields approx. 1 ft2 @ 1” thick (1’x 1’x 1”).
• Alternately, a Saturated Surface Dry (SSD) concrete substrate can be
primed with scrub coat of MORTAR-Crete-CI (Do not allow scrub coat
Mixing Ratio: 2.5 qts. (2.4 L) of water per 50 lb bag
4.0 qts. (3.75 L) of water per 80 lb bag
• For 50 lb bag: measure ~2.0 quarts (1.9 L)
For 80 lb bag: measure ~3.5 quarts (3.3 L) of clean, potable water into
a suitable mixing container.
• Gradually add MORTAR-Crete-CI powder to the water while mixing
with a low speed, ½” (12 mm) drill (500 - 650 RPM), equipped with
a low shear mixing paddle. This will be a stiff mix and will allow the
addition of more liquid to the mix without over-watering.
Page 1 of 2
MORTAR-Crete-CI FULL DEPTH
• Add remaining ~.5 quart (0.55 L) of water to achieve a fully wetted mix
with the proper slump.
DO NOT OVERWATER! Exact amount of water will vary depending on
desired slump and consistency. Do not mix longer than 5 minutes.
Proper application is the responsibility of the user. Field visits by AQUAFIN
personnel are for the purpose of making technical recommendations and
not for supervising or providing quality control on-site.
1. Apply MORTAR-Crete-CI into the wet scrub coat before it dries.
Material may be used in conjunction with a bonding agent (20 mil coat
of REBAR PRIMER/BOND-CI )
2. Minimum layer thickness is 1” (25 mm).
3. Install MORTAR-Crete-CI from 1“ to full depth (with proper steel
Refer to SDS. For commercial use only. This product contains Portland
cement and sand (crystalline silica) and is highly alkaline. Dust may cause
respiratory tract irritation and/or delayed lung injury (silicosis). NTP lists
free respirable crystalline silica as a suspect carcinogen. Avoid breathing
dust. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Wear rubber gloves and safety
goggles during mixing and application. After contact with skin, wash with
plenty of water. In case of eye contact, rinse immediately with plenty of
water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Allow newly placed material to set firmly, and then keep moist for 3
days by using burlap, polyethylene or a fine mist of water. If this is not
practicable, damp cure for 6 hours, then coat with approved water based
• Do not apply at temperatures below 40°F (5°C).
• Ensure substrate and ambient temperatures are between 40°F (5°C)
and 90°F (32°C).
• Pre-condition material to 70°F (21°C) for 24 hours before using.
• Protect from freezing for 24 hours after application
• Cover with suitable sheeting to protect against rain.
• Do not re-temper.
12 months when stored dry in the original unopened packaging.
LIMITED WARRANTY: AQUAFIN, INC. warrants this product for a period of one year from
the date of installation to be manufactured free of defects and to be consistent with its technical
properties as stated in our current Technical Data Sheet. This product must be used as directed
and within its stated shelf life. AQUAFIN INC. will replace or at our discretion refund the purchase
price of any product, excluding cost of labor, which is proven to be defective. Our product
recommendations are based on industry standards and testing procedures. It is the buyer’s
obligation to test the suitability of the product for an intended use prior to using it. We assume no
warranties written, expressed or implied as to any specific methods of application or use of the
product. AQUAFIN INC. MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. AQUAFIN, INC. shall not be liable for damages of any sort including
remote or consequential damages, down time, or delay. Any claim for a defective product must
be filed within 30 days of discovery of a problem, and must be submitted with written proof of
For Professional Use Only.
Promptly wash hands and tools with water before material hardens. Cured
material must be removed mechanically.
Check our website for the latest version of the Technical Datasheet. Only the current version is legally binding - and only for the intended market. In cases of uncertainty contact
our technical department for further information before starting any applications.
Page 2 of 2