505 Blue Ball Rd. #160
Elkton, MD 21921
Fast Setting Crystalline Cementitious Waterstop & Repair Mortar
CSI Div. 07
03 01 30 Maintenance of Cast-in-Place Concrete
Physical and Technical Data
~75 lbs/ft3 (~1.2 kg/dm3)
pH - Value:
11 - 13.5
24 Hrs: 2800 psi (19 MPa)
7 Days: 3200 psi (22 Mpa)
28 Days: 3850 psi (26 MPa)
24 Hrs: 320 psi (2.2 MPa)
7 Days: 360 psi (2.5 Mpa)
28 Days: 430 psi (3.0 MPa)
Approx. 2 minutes
4 minutes at 68°F (20°C)
MR Credit 5.1, Regional Materials:……....... ..................Up to 2 Points
IEQ Credit 4.2, Low-Emitting Materials, Paints and Coatings:.....1 Point.
Using this AQUAFIN product can help contribute to LEED certification of projects in the
categories shown above.
MORTAR-PLUG-IC is a 1-component, cementitious non-shrink, hydraulic
cement, enhanced with Aquafin’s crystalline waterproofing technology.
It withstands strong hydrostatic pressure, is breathable, has no odor, no
fumes & is non flammable.
Applied against the water pressure to substrates such as concrete and
masonry, interior, exterior, below and above grade, vertical or horizontal.
• Plugging / stopping / repairing water leaks
• Drying of wet areas, sealing leaky joints, cracks or formtie holes
• Repairing of concrete substrates before application of Aquafin coating
• Stops water leaks in two to four minutes at 68°F (20°C)
• Water stopper and structural repair mortar
• Approved/certified for use in contact with potable water
• Excellent bond to concrete and masonry
• Easy application - No odor - No fumes.
Approximate mixing ratio by volume: 1 part water to 4 parts powder (1:4)
• Mix swiftly to a stiff putty like consistency. Mixing time is about 30 - 60
• Do not mix more than can be used in 2 minutes. Set time is dependent
mainly on the amount of mixing water used and temperature of water.
• In cold weather, use lukewarm or heated water. In higher temperatures,
use cold water.
• Fast repairs to concrete: Add water to MORTAR-PLUG-IC to a workable
NOTE: max. thickness 2” (50 mm) when in contact with potable water.
Active Water Leaks − Leaking Construction Joints & Cracks:
1. Locate leakage in the concrete.
2. Start at the highest point and work down.
3. Cut/rout out the active leak to sound substrate or 1” - 2” (25 - 50 mm)
depth and 1” (25 mm) width in a U-shaped configuration.
4. Clean the cavity with a sponge, air blower, vacuum, or other suitable
5. Mix MORTAR-PLUG-IC as per mixing instructions.
Check our website for the latest version of the Technical Data Sheet.
All data are averages of several tests under laboratory conditions. In practice, climatic
variations such as temperature and humidity may affect these values.
Packaging & Yeild: 50 lb (22.7 kg) plastic pails.
• 50 lb (22.7 kg) pail yields ~0.5 ft3 (0.017 m3).
• 1 lb (0.45 kg) fills a cavity of ~1” x 1” x 24” (25 x 25 x 600 mm).
Storage and Shelf Life:
12 months when stored dry in the original, unopened packaging.
AIT UNTIL THE MORTAR-PLUG-IC BEGINS TO STIFFEN AND
BECOMES WARM (~1 min.).
7. Place MORTAR-PLUG-IC into the cavity using gloved hands or a brick
jointer and hold firmly in place until it has set (hard).
8. When MORTAR-PLUG-IC has set apply surface Aquafin waterproofing
(i.e. AQUAFIN-IC, AQUAFIN-1K, MORTAR-LN, MORTAR-40 CI, etc.)
over concrete, CMU or brick surface.
Active Water Leaks − Plugging with a drain:
1. Follow steps 1. to 3. above.
2. Insert a pressure relieving drain (i.e. 3/8” - 1/2” (10 - 12 mm) clear
plastic pipe) into the cavity at the lowest point to force water through it.
3. Mix MORTAR-PLUG-IC as per mixing instructions.
AIT UNTIL THE MORTAR-PLUG-IC BEGINS TO STIFFEN AND
BECOMES WARM (~ 1 min.).
5. Immediately mold MORTAR-PLUG-IC into the cavity around the drain,
and maintain pressure on MORTAR-PLUG-IC for at least 1 minute.
6. Allow minimum 24 hrs for hardening.
arefully remove the drain pipe and plug the remaining hole as
described above. If necessary, insert steel wool or wooden plug to
reduce water flow.
8. In extreme cases it may be necessary to use more than one plug
or drain pipe. When the MORTAR-PLUG-IC has set apply surface
waterproofing as described above.
Page 1 of 2
Patching − Surface repair
1. Apply MORTAR-PLUG-IC in trowel consistency by gloved hand or by
trowel to the areas to be repaired.
Before material hardens, thoroughly clean tools with water after use.
Installer is responsible for proper product application. Site visits by Aquafin
personnel or representatives are solely for the purpose of making technical
recommendations, not for providing supervision or quality control.
Refer to SDS. This product contains portland cement and sand
(crystalline silica) and is highly alkaline (irritant) in contact with water. Avoid
breathing dust. May cause delayed lung injury (silicosis). Use rubber
gloves and goggles during mixing and application. Protect skin and eyes.
After contact with skin, wash with plenty of water. In case of eye contact,
rinse immediately with plenty of cool water and seek medical advice.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
LIMITED WARRANTY: AQUAFIN, INC. warrants this product for a
period of one year from the date of installation to be manufactured free
of defects and to be consistent with its technical properties as stated in our
current Technical Data Sheet. This product must be used as directed and
within its stated shelf life. AQUAFIN INC. will replace or at our discretion
refund the purchase price of any product, excluding cost of labor, which
is proven to be defective. Our product recommendations are based on
industry standards and testing procedures. It is the buyer’s obligation to
test the suitability of the product for an intended use prior to using it. We
assume no warranties written, expressed or implied as to any specific
methods of application or use of the product. AQUAFIN INC. MAKES
NO WARRANTY AS TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER
WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. AQUAFIN, INC. shall not be liable
for damages of any sort including remote or consequential damages, down
time, or delay. Any claim for a defectiveproduct must be filed within 30
days of discovery of a problem, and must be submitted with written proof of
For Professional Use Only.
Check our website for the latest version of the Technical Data Sheet. Only the current version is legally binding and only for the intended market. In cases of uncertainty contact
our technical department for further information before starting any applications.
Page 2 of 2