505 Blue Ball Rd. #160
Elkton, MD 21921
Rapid setting, horizontal patching and resurfacing mortar
CSI Div. 03
03 01 30.61 Resurfacing of Cast-in-Place Concrete
03 01 30.71 Rehabilitation of Cast-in-Place Concrete
MR Credit 5.1, Regional Materials..........................Up to 2 Points
IEQ Credit 4.2, L ow-Emitting Materials Paints and Coatings...1 Point
Using this AQUAFIN product can help contribute to LEED certification of projects in the categories shown above.
MORTAR-QuickPatch is a one-component, versatile, fast-setting,
cementitious patching and resurfacing mortar. It can be applied from
featheredge to 3“ (75 mm). MORTAR-QuickPatch sets fast for easy and
cost efficient repairs, minimizing downtime for quick return to service.
• Patching and resurfacing interior and exterior concrete floors, decks,
patios, balconies, sidewalks and driveways.
• Sloping and leveling elevation changes.
• To provide a like-new finish on worn or spalled horizontal concrete.
• Fill small holes, honeycomb and spalled vertical surfaces.
• Natural gray to blend with existing concrete
• For interior and exterior use
• Outstanding workability and ease of placement
• One component - just add water
• Fast setting - walk on in approximately one hour
• Can be covered with many floor coverings such as adhesives, urethanes
and epoxies within 16 - 24 hours. Always follow floor covering
• Featheredge to 3” (76 mm)
• Concrete surfaces must be structurally sound, free of any loose or
deteriorated concrete, dirt, dust, grease, oil, sealers, curing compounds
and all other bond-inhibiting materials.
• Mechanically prepare surfaces to achieve a concrete surface profile
equal to CSP 3 - 5 as per ICRI Guideline No. 310.2R-13.
• Properly clean profiled area by water-blasting.
• Repair areas exposed to automobile or hard wheeled traffic, should
have saw-cut straight edges with a minimum of 1/4” (6 mm) depth. For
optimum performance, do not featheredge when exposed to
Steel: All exposed steel must be mechanically cleaned to a white metal
finish and primed with 2 coats (20 mils per coat) of Aquafin REBAR
Concrete: Must be primed with scrub coat of MORTAR-QuickPatch. Do
not allow scrub coat to dry before completing repair.
Check our website for the latest version of the Technical Datasheet.
Flame Spread: 0
Fuel Contribution: 0
Smoke Development: 0
AQUAFIN MORTAR-QuickPatch Mixed
Mix ratio (water:powder) 3.75 qts. (3.5 L) : 50 lbs.
Application temp. range
40°F to 90°F (4°C to 32°C)
approx. 20 minutes
Physical Properties: The values stated are applicable with ambient
temperatures of 73°F (23°C) and 50% relative air humidity. Higher
temperatures shorten the setting time and colder temperatures retard
3,000 psi (20.7 MPa)
3,500 psi (24.1 MPa)
5,000 psi (34.5 MPa)
6,000 psi (41.4 MPa)
Approximate yield per 50 lb. bag: ~0.42 ft3
Cool and dry, 12 months in original
50 lb. bag (22.7 kg)
Mixing Ratio: 3.75 qts. (3.5 L) of water per 50 lb. bag
• For best results, mechanically mix at slow speed with a 3/4” drill and
“eggbeater” style mixing paddle.
• Add the appropriate amount of potable water into a clean mixing
bucket. Gradually add powder while mixing continuously. Add
remaining amount of water as needed for workability.
• Mix at slow speeds to prevent entraining air for a minimum of 3 minutes
until a lump-free consistency is achieved.
DO NOT OVERWATER! If too much water is added, the mixture will
segregate resulting in uneven surface strengths. Surfaces with reduced
strength must be removed mechanically.
1. Read all application instructions thoroughly before installation.
2. Only proceed with application when the temperatures remain between
40°F and 90°F (4°C and 32°C) and protect from freezing for 24 hrs.
after application. For temperatures above 85°F (29°C), follow ACI
hot-weather application guidelines to ensure a successful installation.
3. Prior to application all surfaces must be saturated surface dry (SSD) with
no standing water.
Page 1 of 2
(updated 10/12/17 AW/BE)
4. When using MORTAR-QuickPatch as a final wear surface, apply an
appropriate finish (such as a broom finish) shortly after the material has
5. When steel trowel finishing, it is suggested to allow the repaired area to
stand undisturbed until it has reached initial set, approximately
(15 - 30 minutes) before finishing.
6. Working time is approximately 20 minutes at 72° F (22° C).
Clean all tools and equipment with water prior to the material hardening.
Cured material must be removed mechanically.
Begin curing as soon as the material has set by keeping surface moist as
per ACI recommendations for portland cement concrete, using burlap,
polyethylene or a fine mist of water. If this is not practical, coat with
approved water based curing compound.
• Do not bridge moving cracks or joints.
• Do not add admixtures or extend with aggregate.
• Protect from freezing for 24 hours after application.
• Do not apply when rain is expected within 4 hours after placement.
• Do not add water to the surface during the finishing operation.
Store in a cool dry area. Shelf life is 12 months in original, unopened
Installer is responsible for proper product application. Site visits by Aquafin
personnel or representatives are solely for the purpose of making technical
recommendations, not for providing supervision or quality control.
Refer to SDS. This product contains portland cement and sand (crystalline
silica) and is highly alkaline (irritant) in contact with water. Avoid breathing
dust. May cause delayed lung injury (silicosis). Use rubber gloves and
goggles during mixing and application. Protect skin and eyes. After
contact with skin, wash with plenty of water. In case of eye contact, rinse
immediately with plenty of cool water and seek medical advice.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
LIMITED WARRANTY: AQUAFIN, INC. warrants this product for a period
of one year from the date of installation to be manufactured free of defects
and to be consistent with its technical properties as stated in our current
Technical Data Sheet. This product must be used as directed and within its
stated shelf life. AQUAFIN INC. will replace or at our discretion refund the
purchase price of any product, excluding cost of labor, which is proven to be
defective. Our product recommendations are based on industry standards
and testing procedures. It is the buyer’s obligation to test the suitability of
the product for an intended use prior to using it. We assume no warranties
written, expressed or implied as to any specific methods of application or
use of the product. AQUAFIN INC. MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO
MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS
OR IMPLIED. AQUAFIN, INC. shall not be liable for damages of any sort
including remote or consequential damages, down time, or delay. Any
claim for a defective product must be filed within 30 days of discovery of a
problem, and must be submitted with written proof of purchase.
For Professional Use Only.
Check our website for the latest version of the Technical Datasheet. Only the current version is legally binding and only for the intended market. In cases of uncertainty contact
our technical department for further information before starting any applications.
Page 2 of 2