505 Blue Ball Rd. #160
Elkton, MD 21921
An AQUAFIN Brand Product
Semi-Leveling, Pre-Extended (1/8”) RAPID REPAIR FLOWABLE CONCRETE
CSI Div. 03
03 31 23 High Performance Structural Concrete
Physical and Technical Data
MR Credit 5.1, Regional Materials..........................Up to 2 Points
IEQ Credit 4.2, L ow-Emitting Materials Paints and Coatings...1 Point
Using this AQUAFIN product can help contribute to LEED certification of projects in the
categories shown above.
SL is a rapid setting, semi-leveling, cementitious structural repair concrete.
It is a single component powder that is water activated. SL has 15 to 20
minutes of working time and will reach compressive strengths of greater
than 2,500 psi within 90 minutes of final set, and more than 7,000 psi at
28 days. Designed for use in horizontal, sloped, or form and pour repair
applications, SL can be applied in ambient temperatures from 50°F –
120°F (10°C – 48°C).
Roads and bridges, airport runways, warehouse or manufacturing facility
floors, post tension cable repairs and form and pour projects. Can be used
as a temporary repair for asphalt pavement.
• Substrates must be of load bearing capacity, and free from all potential
bond breakers such as dirt, dust, grease, oil, sealers, curing compounds,
laitance, loose or deteriorated concrete and any bond-inhibiting foreign
• Mechanically prepare surfaces to achieve a surface profile equal to CSP
5 – 7. Concrete Surface Profile as per ICRI Guideline No. 310.2R-2013.
• All surfaces to be repaired should be saturated surface dry (SSD) but have
no standing water. Hot surfaces should be cooled and shaded while cold
surfaces should be heated and sheltered.Mechanically remove all loose
materials by suitable means such as chipping hammer, chisel, sandblast,
high pressure water blast (>5000 psi), or similar methods.
Bucket Mixing with Drill and Paddle
• To ensure product performance, do not divide/separate individual units
into smaller portions. Mix entire contents at one time.
• Do not hand mix. A drill (6 amp minimum) with a mixer blade turning at
least 500 to 800 rpm is required. Drills with speeds greater than 800 rpms
may entrain air in the mix.
• For application temps near 72°F/22°C, the ideal water temperature is
between 65°F/18°C and 75°F/24°C.
1. Loosen material by tumbling bucket & dry mixing before adding water.
2. To begin the mixing process, add the proper amount of water:
51.8 lb (23.2 kg) unit
2 U.S. quarts (1.9 L) of water
Compressive Strengths, psi (MPa) > 2,500 @ 2 hours
ASTM C 39
> 5,000 @ 24 hours
> 6,000 @ 7 days
> 7,000 @ 28 days
Flexural Strength, psi (MPa)
ASTM C 78
> 850 @ 24 hours
> 875 @ 7 days
> 900 @ 28 days
Splitting Tensile Strength, psi
(MPa) ASTM C 496
> 500 @ 28 days
Bond Strength, psi (MPa)
ASTM C 882
> 1,500 @ 24 hours
> 2,000 @ 7 days
> 3,000 @ 28 days
Rapid Freeze Thaw Resistance
ASTM C 666A (Durability Factor -
100% @ 300 cycles
Scaling Resistance, lbs/ft2
(kg/m2) ASTM C 672
Complies with ASTM C928
Modulus of Elasticity, psi
ASTM C 469
5.2 X 106 @ 28 days
Coefficient of Thermal
Expansion, AASHTO T 336
5.83 X 10-6 @ 28 days
Length Change, % of total length
ASTM C 157
< 0.02 @ 28 days air cure
Retained % of Dynamic Modulus)
Results provided by licensed engineering test laboratory and represent typical
results from production materials. Actual results may vary from third party testing
results; however, Pavemend materials meet and/or exceed ASTM C928, and
exceed established internal quality control standards, (available upon request).
All samples were air cured.
Additional Physical Properties
Set Times at 72°F/22°C
Initial set: 15 - 20 minutes
Final set: 25 - 35 minutes
Unit Weight (water, sand and aggregate):
approximately 138 lb/ft3 (2,210 kg/m3)
per 51.8 lb (23.2 kg) Unit
0.38 ft3 (0.010 m3)
fter adding the water, it is very important to rapidly incorporate all of the
dry SL powders into water to achieve a uniform wet mixture within the first
30 seconds of mixing. Mix for 3½ minutes.
Rotating Drum Concrete Mixer:
Mix minimum 2 units at a time.
1. Pre-wet cement mixer with water then drain all water from mixer (away
from repair area).
Check our website for the latest version of the Technical Datasheet.
www.aquafin.net • www.pavemend.com
Page 1 of 2
2. Start mixer and add 50% of total required mix water to concrete mixer
(SL requires 2 quarts of water per 51.8 lb unit, therefore 2 units require 4
3. Add pre-determined units of SL.
4. Add in remaining 50% of mix water.
5. Mix for 5 minutes total.
6. Pour all contents into repair area.
7. Clean mixer or repeat process for next batch.
1. In ambient temperatures > 85°F/ 29°C, use cooler water
(50°F/ 10°C to 60°F/16°C).
2. Working times will vary when mix water temperature’s are outside of these
• Minimum product thickness 3/8” (0.9 cm) as packaged. There are no
restrictions to the depth of product thickness.
• Working times are influenced by surface temperature and repair profile.
Working time can be extended by adding Aquafin’s Set Retarder
Admixture to mix water. (See Set Retardant product data sheet for more
• For best results, Aquafin recommends monolithic placement of repair
materials. Maintain a minimum thickness of 1.0” if repair material must
• Place onto properly prepared concrete substrate and spread with a
trowel, come-a-long, or screed to a thickness that matches surrounding
• Upon initial set, finish material to desired finish texture.
• Upon final set, the material can be saw-cut, drilled, sanded and/or
polished. DO NOT use additional water during the finishing process.
• All previously existing joints must be re-established within 2-3 hours of
• General loading in 2 hours for wheeled traffic and 45 minutes for foot
traffic after addition of water at 70°F (21°C). Add 30 minutes for every
10°F (6°C) drop in temperature.
• Clean all tools and equipment with water prior to the material reaching
final set. Cured material must be mechanically removed.
Packaging & Shelf Life:
51.8 lb (23.2 kg) pail (GSA P/N: C600)
51.8 lb (23.2 kg) bag (GSA P/N: C650)
• STORAGE & SHELF LIFE: When stored in original unopened packaging
out of direct sunlight, in dry, cool location:
Pails - 2 years, Bags - 1 year
Installer is responsible for proper product application. Site visits by Aquafin
personnel or representatives are solely for the purpose of making technical
recommendations, not for providing supervision or quality control.
Refer to Safety Data Sheet (SDS). The use of a dust mask, safety goggles
and gloves is recommended. This document does not purport to address all
of the safety concerns, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of
the user of this document to establish appropriate safety and health practices
and to determine the applicability of regulatory limitations prior to use.
Dispose of water and materials in accordance with Federal, State and Local
regulations. Keep out of the reach of children.
LIMITED WARRANTY: AQUAFIN, INC. warrants this product for a period of one year
from the date of installation to be manufactured free of defects and to be consistent
with its technical properties as stated in our current Technical Data Sheet. This product
must be used as directed and within its stated shelf life. AQUAFIN INC. will replace
or at our discretion refund the purchase price of any product, excluding cost of labor,
which is proven to be defective. Our product recommendations are based on industry
standards and testing procedures. It is the buyer’s obligation to test the suitability of
the product for an intended use prior to using it. We assume no warranties written,
expressed or implied as to any specific methods of application or use of the product.
AQUAFIN INC. MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO MERCHANTABILITY OR
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL
OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. AQUAFIN, INC. shall not be liable
for damages of any sort including remote or consequential damages, down time, or
delay. Any claim for a defectiveproduct must be filed within 30 days of discovery of a
problem, and must be submitted with written proof of purchase.
For Professional Use Only.
• Do not install when surface and ambient temperatures are above 120°F
(48°C) or below 50°F (10°C).
Check our website for the latest version of the Technical Datasheet. Only the current version is legally binding - and only for the intended market. In cases of uncertainty contact
our technical department for further information before starting any applications.
Page 2 of 2
www.aquafin.net • www.pavemend.com