505 Blue Ball Rd. #160
Elkton, MD 21921
100% solids, rapid curing, polyurethane intermediate coat
CSI Div. 07
07 18 00 Traffic Coatings
Physical and Technical Data
Tensile Strength ASTM D412
Elongation ASTM D412
Density DIN 53479
Using this AQUAFIN product can help contribute to LEED certification of projects in the
categories shown above.
Pro-Tekt Trafficoat is a 2-component, polyurethane, intermediate coat
designed to provide a durable, anti-slip surface. It can be used in
conjunction with various size aggregate depending on the level of traffic
anticipated. PRO-Tekt Trafficoat is designed to be used in combination with
the PRO-Tekt Flexcoat and Pro-Tekt Topcoat PA waterproof membrane to
provide a fully elastomeric traffic system for concrete structures.
Shore D ASTM D2240
60 - 65
Tear ASTM D624C
Taber Abrasion ASTM D3389
125/1000 mg/rev. loss
Elcometer Adhesion ASTM D4541
Moisture Vapor Transmission Permatron W
The PRO-Tekt Traffic Deck System consists of the following components:
1. Primer: VAPORTIGHT COAT-SG2 or SG4
2. Base Coat: PRO-Tekt Flexcoat
3. Intermediate Coat: PRO-Tekt Trafficoat
4. Top Coat: PRO-Tekt Topcoat PA
15 - 20 minutes
Tack Free Time*
60 - 70 minutes
MR Credit 5.1, Regional Materials..........................Up to 2 Points
IEQ Credit 4.2, L ow-Emitting Materials Paints and Coatings...1 Point
• Used as the intermediate coat in the PRO-Tekt Traffic Deck System for
binding aggregate on pedestrian plaza decks, pedestrian bridges, roof
decks, parking decks, and ramps.
• Low odor during application and cure.
• Excellent flexibility.
• Can be used in conjunction with a wide range of aggregates
depending upon the type and level of traffic anticipated.
• Rapid cure times compared to epoxy systems.
• Able to fully cure in colder temperatures
• Aquafin recommends installation of a field sample of min. 100 ft2 at
the project site or other pre-selected area as agreed to by owner’s
representative, applicator and manufacturer.
• Apply materials in accordance with manufacturer’s written application
• Field sample will be standard for judging color and texture on remainder
• Maintain field sample during construction for workmanship comparison.
• Do not alter, move, or destroy field sample until work is completed and
approved by Owner’s representative.
• Apply only onto properly installed PRO-Tekt Traffic Deck System Base
Coat (refer to PRO-Tekt Flexcoat TDS for application instructions and
coverage rates). Ensure all surfaces are dry, free from dirt, dust and
other foreign substances.
Check our website for the latest version of the Technical Datasheet.
*100 gm mixed sample at 77 °F (25˚C)
Theoretical Coverage: note product waste and
substrate variances will affect coverage rates
190 ft2 per kit @ 32 wet mils
45 ft2/gal @ 32 wet mils
40 ft2/gal @ 40 wet mils
• Only proceed with application when ambient temperature is minimum
40°F (4°C) and rising, and more than 6°F above dew point.
Temperatures must be maintained within this range for at least 24 hours
after the installation of PRO-Tekt Intermediate Coat. Do NOT proceed
with application when the temperatures drop below 40°F (4°C) or if
precipitation is imminent. Special precautions are to be taken when
ambient and/or substrate temperatures are approaching, at, or above
95°F (35°C) and it may be necessary to limit material application to
evening hours for exterior exposed decks.
• Expansion and control joints are to be prepared in accordance with
PRO-Tekt Trafficoat is supplied in the appropriate mixing ratio. Always mix
• Use chemical resistant (Nitrile) gloves and goggles when mixing or
applying PRO-Tekt Trafficoat.
• Material should be between 60°F (15°C) and 85°F (29°C) at time of
1. Pre-mix Component A for 30 secs until uniform in color.
2. Open each container carefully. Do not spill material.
3. Pour all contents of Component B into Component A (packaged in the
larger 5-gal pail).
4. Mix material using a jiffy style paddle at low speed for a minimum 60
seconds until a uniform homogenous color is achieved.
5. Thoroughly scrape sides of pail as material is placed in a clean
secondary container. Mix for an additional 15- 20 seconds.
NOTE: Extended mixing times can result in premature gel times.
Page 1 of 2
• PRO-Tekt Trafficoat should be applied to properly applied PRO-Tekt
Flexcoat after a minimum of 4 hours and a maximum of 24 hours.
• Apply PRO-Tekt Trafficoat at the following thickness
- Parking Stalls and Driving Lanes: 45 ft2/gal @ 32 wet mils
- Ramps and Turning Circles: 35 ft2/gal @ 40 wet mils
• Immediately after mixing, pour PRO-Tekt Trafficoat in sufficient quantity
onto surface and uniformly distribute with a 1/8” notched squeegee.
• F ollow with a 3/8” or 1/2” non-shed synthetic roller, back rolling at
right angle (90 degrees) to the squeegee application to achieve uniform
• Immediately (within 2 minutes) after application, broadcast clean, oven
dried #20 - 50 silica sand to rejection (full broadcast). The aggregate
should be applied vertically, allowing it to fall onto the PRO-Tekt
Trafficoat at a rate of approximately 30 - 50 lb./100 ft2 (1.5 kg/m2).
This will avoid any potential “rippling” in the finished surface.
• Allow PRO-Tekt Trafficoat to cure for a minimum 4 hours. PRO-Tekt
Topcoat must be applied after a minimum 4 hours and a maximum 48
• PRO-Tekt Trafficoat is self-curing.
• Environmental conditions may accelerate or slow down curing times.
Promptly wash hands and tools with an approved solvent before material
hardens. Cured material must be removed mechanically.
• Do not store materials outdoors exposed to sunlight for prolonged
periods. Temperature can affect cure times. PRO-Tekt Trafficoat cures
faster when applied during warm weather and high humidity conditions
and slower during cool temperatures and low humidity conditions.
• Excessive sun exposure should be avoided during application.
• Provide for expansion and control joints where specified. Never bridge
expansion joints, always ensure such joints are honored completely
through entire PRO-Tekt Traffic Deck System. Where control or
expansion joints do not exist in the substrate, provide for them in the
system per design professionals’ recommendations.
Check our website for the latest version of the Technical Datasheet.
Packaging and Shelf Life:
Shelf life is 1 year in closed, original packaging, stored in a dry, cool
place, above 50°F (10°C) and below 85°F (30°C).
• 38.25 lb/17.3 kg Kit (4.3 gallon/16.3 Liter)
Comp A: 25.5 lbs (11.6 kg)
Comp B: 12.75 lbs (5.8 kg)
Proper application is the responsibility of the user. Field visits by AQUAFIN
personnel are for the purpose of making technical recommendations and
not for supervising or providing quality control on-site.
Refer to SDS. For commercial use only. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
Wear nitrile gloves and safety goggles during mixing and application.
After contact with skin, wash with plenty of water. In case of eye contact,
rinse immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical
advice. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
LIMITED WARRANTY: AQUAFIN, INC. warrants this product for a period of one year
from the date of installation to be manufactured free of defects and to be consistent
with its technical properties as stated in our current Technical Datasheet. This product
must be used as directed and within its stated shelf life. AQUAFIN, INC. will replace
or at our discretion refund the purchase price of any product, excluding cost of labor,
which is proven to be defective. Our product recommendations are based on industry
standards and testing procedures. It is the buyer’s obligation to test the suitability of
the product for an intended use prior to using it. We assume no warranties written,
expressed or implied as to any specific methods of application or use of the product.
AQUAFIN, INC. MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO MERCHANTABILITY OR
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL
OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. AQUAFIN, INC. shall not be liable
for damages of any sort including remote or consequential damages, down time, or
delay. Any claim for a defective product must be filed within 30 days of discovery of a
problem, and must be submitted with written proof of purchase.
For Professional Use Only.
Page 2 of 2