MORTAR-CA is a factory blended, cementitious, one-component, surface lining and waterproof repair and resurfacing mortar. It consists of calcium aluminate cement, well-graded, acid resistant, siliceous aggregates and special chemicals of an inorganic, hydrophobic (water repellent) nature which resist strong hydrostatic pressure (positive and negative side pressure).
MORTAR-CA is a special formulation providing structural integrity and protecting concrete, masonry and brick substrates against biogenic corrosion in strong hydrogen sulfide gas (H2S) environments.
The absence of fibers in MORTAR-CA guarantees it will prevent water infiltration or exfiltration in sewer manholes or tank structures at minimum thickness of 3/8“ (10 mm).
- Highly corrosion resistant
- Resists strong hydrostatic pressure - prevents infiltration and/or exfiltration - no need for vacuum testing in manholes
- Resists abrasion and mechanical wear.
- Forms a protective membrane barrier with no pinholes
- Easy to use - needs only to be mixed with water
- Applied to the positive or negative water pressure side of a structure
- Applied to damp substrate
- Non flammable
- No odor - No Fumes - Environmentally friendly
- Horizonal and vertical applications to concrete, masonry and brick by troweling or low pressure spraying (wet guniting). Especially suited for the rehabilitation of:
- Sewer Manholes
- Sewage treatment tanks
- Sewer lift stations
- Large diameter trunk lines