Product of the Month - AQUAFIN-IC: Crystalline Waterproof Coating for Concrete Structures
This month's feature product is AQUAFIN-IC, an advanced crystalline waterproof coating for concrete structures.
Exterior (positive side) or interior (negative side) waterproofing of below grade:
• Foundations, basements.
• Retaining walls.
• Utility vaults.
• Elevator pits.
• Water/Wastewater tanks, water catchment basins.
• Parking garages.
• Slurry walls.
• And so much more!
• Permanently active
• Advanced crystalline technology that penetrates deep into concrete
• Potable water approved - NSF/ANSI 61
• Applied to moist (damp) substrate
• Environmentally friendly, non toxic, zero VOC’s
• Protects concrete against fresh water, salt water, waste water & aggressive ground water
• Resists strong hydrostatic pressure
• Seals and post seals shrinkage cracks, up to 1/64” (0.4 mm)
The Chemistry Behind Crystalline...
AQUAFIN-IC is powered by Aquafin‘s advanced crystalline technology which chemically reacts with moisture and free lime to reduce the water absorption of the resultant cement matrix within the concrete. This is a result of the formation of nano-scale crystals by the active catalysts present in the capillary system. This sustains a durable waterproof effect in the concrete, thereby blocking the passage of water. This reaction will continue to take place anytime water is present for the life of the concrete structure where by making the AQUAFIN-IC a truly permanent and integral waterproofing solution. The AQUAFIN-IC nano-crystals will also grow in and along static hairline crack sealing them and preventing further incoming water.