Oil and water vapor barrier coating
VAPORTIGHT COAT®-SG2 is a unique 2-component, alkali resistant, moisture tolerant, extremely high density and chemically enhanced epoxy based product which prevents capillary infiltration of oil and other chemicals from the ground. Applied in one coat, SG2 reduces the passage of water vapor and moisture through slabs and walls, thus eliminating delamination of adhesives, floor coverings and coatings.
For a faster cure use SG2/3-ACCELERATOR and speed up cure times to 3 to 5 hours.
- Low VOC and meets USDA/FSIS guidelines
- High chemical and alkalinity (pH 14) resistance
- Barrier against radon & other gases
- Excellent adhesion to steel
- Compatible with most flooring systems
- Minimal downtime - flooring system installed next day
- Does not support mold growth
- Protects non-breathable floor coverings/coatings from water vapor transmission through concrete substrates.
- Full broadcast system - provides excellent substrate for bonding
- Seals oil contaminated slabs
- For slabs with MVER up to 25 lbs and RH up to 100%
- Can be applied to "green" (5 days) concrete and damp concrete slabs
- Indoor and outdoor, new and existing concrete slabs: on grade, above grade, below grade and split slabs.
- Oil and other chemically contaminated slabs.
- Industrial/retail facilities, office buildings, hospitals and schools, food processing plants, secondary containment slabs, etc.
Additional Technical Information
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
07 26 19 - SURFACE APPLIED MOISTURE VAPOR MITIGATION SYSTEM + CEMENTITIOUS SELF LEVELING UNDERLAYMENT
Technical Data Sheet